1 min Read
Share this Post
Whether you’re saving memories, managing a project or building your network, myReach can help! Here’s a quick guide to learn the basics to manage your work, life and everything in between.
1. Start with a Workspace
- Plan a Trip
- Manage your Job
- Research a Project
- Start a Business
Things to know about workspaces:
- It’s all in the expandable sidebar – all the workspaces and integrations you create will appear there.
- Full flexibility – keep things in multiple workspaces and avoid limiting yourself to just one. If it fits in several, connect it to all.
- Expand your search – long-click on a workspace to select several at the same time; this ensures you find what you’re looking for when searching.
- Unassigned nodes – nodes with no relationships will automatically be placed in a workspace called “Unassigned Nodes”.
2. Save your first Note, Tag, Website, Album or File
All of these (notes, tags, websites, albums and files) are known as Nodes in myReach. They’re saved in your workspace, and you can then create relationships to other nodes. This connects them so you’ll find them faster when searching.
Every project begins with a single step and grows from there. Save / upload / create one Node first, but don’t stop there! The more you save, the more useful it becomes.
- WRITE A NOTE – capture random thoughts, mention other notes in-text
- CREATE AN ALBUM – save pictures of a trip and see them on a map
- ORGANISE WITH TAGS – save contacts, pin locations, create topics, etc.
- UPLOAD A DOCUMENT – save personal files, house bills, travel bookings & more
- SAVE A WEBSITE – gather your recipes and filter them by ingredient
The options are endless.
Save everything that comes to mind, anytime!
We briefly mentioned that these are all known as “Nodes”, so here’s a quick video to explain more about them and why they’re special.
3. Create useful Relationships
Make sense of your things. Control the never-ending flow of information by connecting your research to your notes, your friends to your trips, your stuff to your other stuff!
Like a brain, connect things (Nodes) through relationships to find them faster when you need them. This can be done by going to “Relationships” on any Node.
There are several interesting functionalities:
- If there are no relevant Tags, you can create a Tag on the fly and connect it to the current Node, there’s no need to go to the Creation page. You will see “0 results” and an option to “+ Create “xx” as a Topic”. You can also do this while writing a Note, by using in-text mentions and creating a new Tag-mention.
- If the Node you want to connect is in another workspace, no problem! You can connect and search across workspaces.
- If a file or website has URLs in it, they’re detected, extracted and can be converted into Nodes with a relationship to the original Node. These can be found under the “Extracted” section in the relationships of a Node.
4. Use Properties to declutter your brain
Properties are specific details that you can add to Nodes to help you classify, organise and find them faster. You can use existing ones or create your own, it’s entirely personalisable to your preferences.
Let’s face it, life’s smoother when you know how to search efficiently. myReach helps cut your searching time by up to 25% (following a McKinsey study).
- Star rating (importance)
- Checkbox (doing/done)
- Date (creation, due)
- Email, Price, Location, etc…
Bonus: you can also add reminders and receive notifications. For instance, never again forget your contact’s birthday!
There’s no point trying to remember all the details in your head. Save them as Properties to make sure you don’t miss any information, and improve your search speed while you’re at it.
Adding a property is a quick 3-step process:
- Click the “+ Add Property” button in a node’s properties
- Choose a property or create your own
- Fill in the desired values and click “done”
If you can’t remember something you saved weeks ago, you can narrow the search by filtering through properties. For example:
- House hunting: Flats (Topic Tag) near Central Park (Location) with more than 2 bedrooms (Number) and a rooftop (Checkbox) worth less than X$ (Currency).
- Cooking a recipe: Recipes (Topic Tag) with pasta (Multi Select) under 30 minutes (Time).
- Buying a product: Chairs (Topic Tag) in wood (Topic Tag) with cushions (Multi Select) between X$ and Y$ (Currency).
5. Integrate your favourite tools
Bring all your things together by integrating with other tools. Create powerful workspaces and avoid wasting time with manual uploads by connecting myReach to your most important tools. Integrations are built using myReach’s API.
Head to your profile to add an integration, or do it directly from the icon on the top right corner of the creation pop-up.
The following integrations are currently available in the App:
- Browser Bookmarks
- Evernote (coming soon)
- Google Maps
- Import Database
- Phone Contacts
What’s missing? Write in our Forum to request a new integration.
6. Choose your View
There’s a view for every need, whether your focus is on the preview (List and Large List), the location (Map), the structure (Board) or the wow-factor (3D Visualiser).
Choose the view that works for you!
7. Use Gamification to become an Expert
This is where the fun is! The more you use the App, the more you’ll discover and learn.
There are certain achievements you need to complete to receive badges and credits and go up the ranks and levels. These achievements also give you visibility into the hidden features and functionalities in the App that you might not know about.
Credits are accumulated and will eventually be useful to unlock Premium Features once they’re available (coming soon!).
Click here to see what rank you’re currently in.